This week it's all about DIMENSIONS at Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog. Use them anyway you like for our Layout Challenge #60. You have until Saturday October 22nd 9pm EST to upload your layout.
**For those of my followers who join our Layout Challenge this week...I am giving away a K&Co "SMASH BOOK" to one lucky follower.
***All you have to do is complete this weeks Challenge #60, upload it to Mr. Linky at Lasting Memories, come back to My Blog & leave a comment that you joined this weeks challenge. I will randomly draw a name on Sunday October 23rd.
SO now on to my layout....
This week I chose to use the 1 sheet I had left of Recollections Signature Live Love Laugh pattern paper. Love this paper since it is thick & double sided. To add dimensions to the layout; I cut out 2 words & used pop-dots to raise them up. I also used pop-dots on the picture and used the other side of the pattern paper to draw attention to the picture. I covered the American Craft Natural Thickers with Dark Brown ColorBox Chalk.
Of course, my layout can't be complete with out butterflies. I had a few butterflies left over from my Gabrielle Bo Bunny chipboard sheet & 1 metal butterfly left from my Recollection package.
Pictured: Myself & Carla. We have been friends for 34 years (since I moved next door to her at 5 years old...so now you can guess my age LOL) & we happen to be cousins too. She happened to join me for Happy Hour last month. It has been months since we've seen each other...but we picked up with our last conversation. Friendships like ours are hard to find & I treasure it dearly.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
GORGEOUS LAYOUT, Girl!! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
LMDT
love that paper! Great design, gorgeous layout!
Wonderful layout. Love how the title goes with the paper. Great job.
Vicki
LMDT
Such a wonderful layout Caryn!! Friends like that are to be treasured! And... you are not that old!! I've got ya beat! Life is just beginning. :-)
Michele
LM DT
Gorgeous. I love the way you did the wording. And of course adding butterflies is always a good thing.
Hugs
Brenda LMDT-Sister
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here
What a gorgeous layout of a wonderful time with your friend. Loved the story behind the layout and love your idea of cutting out the word and popping them up. I definitely want to try this.
First off .. you're awesome! What a great idea with the blog candy! Thank you!!
Awesome layout this week. 34 yrs .. wow. That's a friendship and I can just imagine what you gals have been through together!! Great take on this weeks challenge!
So pretty! Those papers are gorgeous! And I love the butterfly!
Post a Comment